For more information, contact:
Peg Schmitt, Director of Public Affairs
(608) 266-7744, [email protected]
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Secretary Mark Gottlieb has named two veteran WisDOT managers to his executive team and announced acting administrator positions for the department.
Mike Berg will become deputy secretary of the department. Berg is a 28-year employee of WisDOT, most recently serving as director of the Division of Transportation System Development (DTSD) Northeast Region.
Reggie Newson will serve as the department’s executive assistant. Newson has worked for WisDOT for 10 years, most recently as operations manager of the DTSD Southeast Region.
“I am very pleased to have such experienced and respected WisDOT managers join me in advancing Governor Walker’s transportation goals,” Secretary Gottlieb said. “Both have invaluable experience in delivering large and small transportation projects and overseeing a variety of other department activities.”
Secretary Gottlieb also announced acting administrator appointments for the department’s five divisions. These include:
* Rory Rhinesmith, Division of Transportation System Development
* David Collins, Division of State Patrol
* Lynne Judd, Division of Motor Vehicles
* Mark Wolfgram, Division of Transportation Investment Management
* Denise Solie, Division of Business Management