Senior Content Specialist
Antigo, WI — In an effort to provide a more informative, interactive online experience for retailers, restaurateurs, food service personnel and members of the agricultural industry, the Wisconsin Potato and Vegetable Growers Association (WPVGA) has redesigned and launched http://www.wisconsinpotatoes.com. The site focuses solely on the needs of trade members, with navigation centered on core industry interests — sustainable farming, agricultural research, marketing tools, legislative initiatives, consumer preferences and changing trends in food service.
“Good information is a precious commodity,” notes Tim Feit, Director of Promotions and Consumer Education for the Wisconsin Potato and Vegetable Growers Association (WPVGA). “Everyone in the industry benefits if we share what we know — whether it’s the latest advances in storage techniques or the potential impact of federal legislation on school lunch offerings. The Wisconsin potatoes website is meant to foster collaboration. We invite industry members to utilize our marketing tools, research and news. And we welcome their input.”
Newly launched by the Wisconsin Potato and Vegetable Growers Association (WPVGA), http://www.wisconsinpotatoes.com features:
* A library of free POP, consumer research reports, recipe tear pads, merchandising tips and packaging options.
* Comprehensive shipper, brand and WPVGA directories with links to grower profiles and member websites.
* A Sustainable Potatoes section featuring Wisconsin’s Healthy Grown potato growers, integrated pest management, eco-conservation, collaborative research with the University of Wisconsin-Madison, a Healthy Grown Shippers Directory and free Healthy Grown POP.
* A research-focused industry blogroll, and RSS feed, featuring the latest industry news, advances in integrated pest management, crop updates, relevant legislation, advances in agricultural research, innovative storage techniques and sustainable farming in Wisconsin.
* Feature interviews from one of the industry’s leading agricultural publications, the Badger Common’Tater.
* A comprehensive recipe database with award-winning consumer recipes, the Win with Wisconsin Potatoes consumer recipe contest and some tasty offerings from celebrated Wisconsin chefs such as Christian Czerwonka of Christian’s Bistro; Chef Ulrich Koberstein of Destination Kohler; and Brett Perszyk of Mr. B’s a Bartolotta Steakhouse.
* An interactive Events Calendar
About Wisconsin Potato and Vegetable Growers Association (WPVGA)
Established in 1948, the WPVGA is headquartered in Antigo, Wisconsin. WPVGA provides grower education, government support, environmentally sound research and consumer education for 150 grower organizations across the state. WPVGA is responsible for expanding the Wisconsin potato markets through advertising, promotion and research. WPVGA also supports the Wisconsin Healthy Grown™ initiative — reduced-pesticide, integrated pest management, sustainable farming practices overseen by Protected Harvest, an independent oversight organization. http://www.wisconsinpotatoes.com.