Pewaukee, Wis. – Consumers and small businesses have a new resource to find a credit union – financial institutions that exist to improve the financial position of the 2.2 million Wisconsinites that use them to borrow and save. By visiting http://www.asmarterchoice.org, users can:
* Compare credit unions’ rates and fees with other financial institutions
* Learn how credit unions have helped consumers, families and small businesses
* Locate a credit union anywhere in the U.S where they can open an account
* Find credit unions on a map, credit union websites and additional contact information
* Submit personal stories about borrowing and saving at a credit union
In Wisconsin, credit unions return more than $200 million a year to consumers in the form of more competitive rates and lower and fewer fees.