For more information, contact:
Cheryl Van Tessier, Finesse Public Relations LLC
(608) 467-4408, firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Crowe, Summit Credit Union
(608) 243-5000X2834, email@example.com
MADISON, Wis. — As a means of providing free financial information and advice to its members and the public, Summit Credit Union is offering free financial seminars in October and November.
With topics ranging from Rebuilding Your Credit to Buying a Home, the seminars are designed to provide folks with the necessary information to put themselves in control of their finances and make sound financial decisions.
Taking Charge – Rebuilding Your Credit
The information in your credit report can affect your ability to get a loan, rent an apartment or even get a job. Summit will go over the benefits and costs of credit cards, how to pay-down debt, and give you the inside scoop on how to improve your credit score.
* Thurs., Oct. 15, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m., East Madison Community Center, 8 Straubel Ct., Madison. Call EMCC to register at: (608) 249-0861.
Are You an Entrepreneur?
Presented by Wisconsin Women’s Business Initiative Corporation (WWBIC).
* Thurs., Oct. 22, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m., Summit Credit Union, 401 S. Yellowstone Dr., Madison. Call (608) 257-5450 or visit http://www.wwbic.com to register.
Credit Report: What’s Your Score
What does your credit report mean? The information in your credit report can affect your ability to borrow money. Summit will show you how to read your report, improve your credit score and provide a plan to help you pay-down debt.
* Tues., Oct. 27, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m., Summit Credit Union, 2424 Rimrock Rd., Madison*
Home Sweet…Buying Your Home*
Buying your first home can be stressful and a lot of work. Take the confusion out of the home-buying process and spend more time thinking about what colors you’re going to want to paint the walls. Summit will give you tips to use while shopping for a home and making an offer. Plus, we’ll go over the application process to help make the entire home-buying process simple and enjoyable.
* Tues., Nov. 10, 6:30 – 8:00 p.m., Summit Credit Union, 401 S. Yellowstone Dr., Madison
*Reservations are required at http://www.summitcreditunion.com or by calling (608) 243-5000 or (800) 236-5560.
About Summit Credit Union:
Established in 1931, Summit Credit Union is a member-owned financial cooperative open to anyone in Wisconsin. Summit holds $1.3 billion in assets and has more than 106,000 members with a total of 20 locations throughout the Madison and Milwaukee areas. For more information, visit http://www.summitcreditunion.com or call (608) 243-5000 or (800) 236-5560.