CONTACT: Kathy Raab CAE
Executive Director, NARI of Madison, Inc.
(Madison, WI), (January 2009) – Six categories of Achievement Awards were presented in Madison, WI at the 2009 Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award.
• Leadership Award – Chad Speight CR, Chad’s Carpentry, Inc. honoring an individual who has shown exceptional leadership, devotion, dedication and accomplishments on behalf of NARI at a local level. This award is presented to a NARI member, either past or present, for meritorious service to NARI and the remodeling industry.
• Professionalism Award – Dale Benjamin, Benjamin Plumbing, Inc. honoring a non-paid NARI member who has shown exceptional leadership, devotion, dedication and accomplishment through his or her efforts to promote NARI as a professional organization at the local level
• Vendor/Distributor of the Year – Donna Cotter, Anchor Bank, fsb recognizing a distributor who has demonstrated a strong commitment to NARI, the professional remodeling industry and the community or communities in which they do business.
• Sub-Contractor of the Year – Roger Deets, Madison Aluminum Products, LLC recognizing a NARI of Madison member Sub-Contractor who has demonstrated a strong commitment to NARI, the professional remodeling industry and the community or communities in which they do business.
• Image Award – Chuck Weidenbach, Kitchen Ideas Center + Design honoring those who contribute to the enhancement of the remodeling industry’s image. The Image award recognizes those who promote remodeling, not their business.
• Employee of the Year – Butch Breunig, Benjamin Plumbing, Inc. recognizing an employee whose talent, dedication, enthusiasm and teamwork make a NARI Member company’s business prosper.
Judging for local awards took place at the Association’s chapter headquarters in late November. An impartial panel of judges who are experts within the industry and associated fields, selected winners based on each entrant’s nomination and credentials.
Trophies were awarded at the 2009 Celebrating Excellence Awards Evening in Madison on January 9, 2009. The Celebrating Excellence Awards Evening is widely considered to be the premier event of the year in the remodeling industry. The event was attended by more than 150 of the industry’s elite and was sponsored by the following NARI Member companies: Gold Level: Window Design Center; Silver Level: A to Z RentAll, Ganser Exteriors; Bronze Level: American Kennedy Hahn – Contract Sales, The Bruce Company of Wisconsin, Derek Frank Plumbing, LLC, ProSource Floor Covering, Cabinet Masters, Inc., State Bank of Cross Plains and Light Haus Custom Glass.
NARI members represent an elite group from the approximately 800,000 companies and individuals in the U.S. identifying themselves as remodelers.
All companies listed are members of the Madison Chapter of The National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI), the only trade association dedicated solely to the remodeling industry. With more than 7,000 member companies nationwide, the Association — based in Des Plaines, Illinois, — is “The Voice of the Remodeling Industry”TM. For membership and chapter information, or for more on the COTY Awards, visit NARI’s website at http://www.RemodelToday.com, or contact the national headquarters office at 800-611-NARI.
The remodeling market, a $291 billion industry in the U.S. in 2006, is expected to continue to experience significant growth. It is estimated that more than a million homes per year undergo major renovation or remodeling.
NARI is a professional association whose members voluntarily subscribe to a strict code of ethics. Consumers may wish to search http://www.RemodelToday.com to find a qualified professional who is a member of NARI.