Director of Communications and Marketing
E-mail: [email protected]
Lawrence P. Moon Named Chairman; Todd Teske Vice Chairman
September 3, 2009, Waukesha, Wis. – MRA–The Management Association (MRA) has announced its 2009 – 2010 Board of Directors with Lawrence Moon named as Chairman of the Board and Todd Teske as Vice Chairman. MRA, headquartered in Waukesha, Wisconsin, is the largest employers association in the Midwest, annually partnering with over 4,000 companies.
Moon is Chairman and CEO of Sandstone Group, a diversified holding company composed of organizations ranging from manufacturing to biotechnology. Companies in the Sandstone Group include Lakeside Manufacturing, Inc.; Diachemix LLC; Alliance Products, LLC; Sani-Floor LLC; and Multiteria LLC. Moon also sits on the Board of Directors of the Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design (MIAD) where he served as Chairman for 2008-2009. Teske is currently President and COO of Briggs & Stratton Corporation and is responsible for all operations including sales and manufacturing. He will assume the role of President and CEO on January 1, 2010 following the retirement of John Shiely. Briggs & Stratton is the world’s largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Teske also sits on the Board of Directors of Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce.
Six members were newly voted in for a 2009 – 2012 term on the MRA Board:
* Susan Stults Korthase, Vice President, Actuant Corporation
* Mary Woolsey Schlaefer, Executive Director, Wisconsin Energy Conservation Corp.
* Paul D. VanDuyne, President, KJWW Engineering Consultants
* Glen E. Tellock, Chairman, The Manitowoc Company, Inc.
* John N. Topetzes, President, Sanborn Tube Sales of Wisconsin, Inc.
* James J. Ditter, Certified Public Accountant, who will serve as Treasurer of the MRA Board of Directors
Individuals who continue their service on the MRA Board include:
* Frederick M. Anderson, President/CEO, Wenthe-Davidson Engineering Co.
* Robert Cancalosi, Chief Learning Officer, GE Healthcare
* Jim Koppa, Director, Ohio Medical Corporation
* John Leinhart, Director, John Deere
* Marsha Mather, President, Laacke and Joys Company
* Dennis McGuirk, President/CEO, IPC Incorporated
* Steve Morency, CEO M.A. Ford Manufacturing Co. Inc.
* Paul W. Simons, President/CEO Mayline Group.
* Richard A. Smith, President, R.A. Smith National, Inc.
* William R. Solomon, President, American Fluorescent Corporation
* John J. Stollenwerk, Chairman, Allen Edmonds Shoe Corporation
* Mary Thompson, Senior Vice President, M&I Bank
* Garth Wicinsky, Vice President, SECURA Insurance Companies
Founded in 1901, MRA is a not-for-profit employers’ organization serving more than 4,000 employers throughout Wisconsin, Illinois, and Iowa, covering close to a half million employees. MRA applies its talent, tools and training to help organizations recruit, develop, and retain a powerful workforce. For more information on MRA visit http://www.mranet.org or call 800.488.4845.