For more information, contact: Tony Hozeny, Department of Commerce, 608/267-9661
MADISON— Winners of the Marketplace 2009 special business awards will be invited to a special reception at 6:00 p.m. on Sept. 15 at the Country Springs Hotel and Conference Center, Pewaukee. The event is sponsored by the Department of Commerce (Commerce). Reporters are welcome to attend.
“Commerce is firmly committed to the development of a broad base of minority businesses that provide quality goods and services,” said Commerce Secretary Richard J. Leinenkugel. “This recognition ceremony is one way of showcasing the tremendous achievements of our minority business base in Wisconsin.”
The top-ranked finalists in the four award categories are:
1. Outstanding Business – Large Company (having more than 25 employees)
* DAAR Engineering: Abdulhamid Ali, President, and Frank D’ Amato, Milwaukee
* Mantz Automation, Inc.: Denise Mantz, President, and Robert Mantz, Vice President, Hartford
* Market Probe, Inc.: T. R. Rao, President and CEO, Milwaukee
2. Outstanding Business – Small Category (having 25 or fewer employees)
* HiTech Integrated Solutions, LLC: Seaphes Miller, Managing Member, Milwaukee
* SI Data Systems: Jo Ann Kraninger, Vice President, Mequon
* Superior Support Resources, Inc.: Sarit Singhal, President and CEO, Brookfield
3. Rising Star – Recognizes an innovative young company representing promise of success
* Global Refractory and Suppliers: Edward Piwonski, President, Scott Harmsen, Vice President and Lynn Piwonski, Chief Financial Officer, Green Bay
* MARS IT Corporation: Rashi Arora, President, Wauwatosa
* Oneida Total Integrated Enterprises: Nick Ni, PE, Director, De Pere
4. Good Citizen – Recognizes a company that contributes generously to its community.
* Dairyland Electric: Christopher Martinez, President, Butler
* Gonzalez Saggio & Harlan: Gerardo Gonzalez, Managing Partner, Milwaukee
* Multicultural Enterpreneurship Institute, Inc.: Nelson Soler, Chief Solutions Officer, Milwaukee
The winner in each category will also be recognized at the Marketplace Awards Luncheon held Sept. 16 at the Country Springs Hotel and Conference Center, Pewaukee.
Marketplace 2009 is the premier matchmaking and training event for minority-owned businesses seeking to sell to government and large corporate buyers. This year’s theme is “Thriving in a New Economy”.
For event agenda and registration, please visit: http://marketplace.wi.gov/. To find out more information and to register for Marketplace 2009 conference, please visit http://marketplace.wi.gov/ or call 608-267-9550 for more information.