Summer Social planned for June 21; event is open to the public
MADISON – The Madison, Wis., chapter of Financial Executives International (FEI), the leading advocate for the views of corporate financial management, announced today the election of its officers for the 2007-2008 term. In addition, the Chapter is announcing a summer social event for existing members, friends, family members and interested members of the public. It will take place on Thursday, June 21, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Bourbon Street Grille, 6308 Metropolitan Lane, Monona, Wis. There is no cost for attendees. The event will feature rooftop entertainment, beer, wine, cocktails and hors d’oeuvres.
“Raising awareness of the chapter will be our No. 1 objective for the upcoming fiscal year” said FEI Madison’s incoming president, Ron Kral. “Our summer social event is aimed at creating some buzz around our new chapter and recruiting new members. From what our members and strategic partners have told us, we are off to a great start and obviously want to build upon it.” While FEI does have member eligibility requirements, it is generally open to financial executives of all types and sizes of organizations, making it accessible to financial executives from start-ups to large public companies. FEI is the largest association of CFOs, VPs of Finance, Treasurers, Controllers, Tax Executives, Academics and Audit Committee members in the world.
Ken Minor, past president, said, “We are very pleased with the level of interest and support shown by the business community through chapter sponsorships.” The chapter’s strategic partners include: Chase, Clifton Gunderson, First Business Bank, Grant Thornton, M&I Bank, Madison Club, Michael Best and Friedrich, Mortenson Matzelle Meldrum, SVA, Virchow Krause & Co., and Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek.
The chapter, which was chartered in September, 2006, elected the following officers during its last chapter meeting of its inaugural year:
- President: Ronald Kral, managing partner, Candela Solutions;
- Vice President: Daniel J. Bullock, CFO, Wood Communications Group;
- Secretary: Joseph Carpenter, controller, H&M Distributing Co.;
- Treasurer: Sarah Bealles, CFO, Hospice Care;
- Membership Chair: Cynthia Rose, principal, Rose CFO Solutions
- Programs Chair: Thomas J. Golden, executive vice president corporate services and CFO, Mortenson, Matzelle & Meldrum;
- Sponsorship Chair: Mark Kuna, international business consultant; and
- Past President: Kenneth Minor, CFO, Sonic Foundry.