Contact: Sharyn Wisniewski, DCRA, (608) 661-6485 (608) 712-1950 (cell)
A newly re-designed website, http://www.msnairport.com, launched today by the Dane County Regional Airport (DCRA), provides information on flying to and from the renovated Prairie Style airport, and showcases its new amenities for business and pleasure travelers.
“We now have an airport website that matches the beauty and function of our new Prairie Style airport itself,” said Dane County Executive Kathleen Falk. “People around the world planning to travel here will get a real flavor of Dane County before they even leave home.”
“Our website is the airport’s public face for both local travelers and visitors to our region,” said Bill White, Chair, Dane County Airport Commission. “Our goal was to make it both informative and attractive.”
The website answers a variety of questions: Is my flight on time? How much does it cost to park? Where can I get something to eat at the airport? How should I pack to meet security guidelines? Can I rent a conference room and have food catered for a meeting at the airport? What does the FAA Tower do, and who is responsible for keeping the runways clear?
The gold, green, brown and ochre red palette of the airport’s interior design is reflected in the site that has sections on:
* Flight Information – Arrivals, departures, weather information and a flight tracker
* Airport Guide – Directions, parking, maps and car rentals
* Restaurants, Shops and Services – The airport’s restaurants and shops, as well as services like massage and shoe shine
* Business Services – Wireless internet, conference room rental, and catering
* Security – Prohibited items, packing tips, security at the airport
* Community Relations – Airport leadership, a virtual tour, economic impact, noise abatement and construction projects
* Communications and Media – Media contacts, press releases and a media guide
* Business Park – The airport’s business park, Truax Air Park
* Foreign Trade Zone – The airport’s new economic development tool
* General Aviation and the National Guard – Neighboring users of the airport
Partnering in the website development were the Dane County Regional Airport, Dane County Information Management, and ZD Studios of Madison.