Tony Hozeny, Department of Commerce, 608/267-9661
MADISON – Governor Jim Doyle today announced that 10 Wisconsin businesses will share nearly $30,000 in planning grant funding from the Department of Commerce Dairy 2020 and Rural Economic Development (RED) Programs.
“My ‘Grow Wisconsin’ Initiative calls for upgrading and expanding our traditional industries, like agriculture,” Governor Doyle said. “These programs provide professional planning assistance to dairy producers, business owners, and entrepreneurs that are considering starting-up or expanding their businesses.”
The projects are as follows:
· Robert G. Condon, Horicon, Dodge County, $3,000 Dairy 2020 grant
· Kerry Hills Farm, LLC, Oconomowoc, Dodge County, $3,000 RED-1 grant
· Anthony Haberli, Sturgeon Bay, Door County, $3,000 Dairy 2020 grant
· Wegner Motorsports, Inc., Markesan, Green Lake County, $3,000 RED-1 grant
· Kevin Schweiner, Denmark, Kewaunee County, $3,000 Dairy 2020 grant
· Elizabeth Brueggen, Norwalk, Monroe County, $3,000 Dairy 2020 grant
· Interfacial Solutions LLC, Prescott, Pierce County, $3,000 RED-1 grant
· Noble Custom Heifers, LLC, Plymouth, Sheboygan County, $3,000 Dairy 2020 grant
· Egan Bros., A General Partnership, New London, Waupaca County, $3,000 Dairy 2020 grant
· Marion Amazement Park, LLC, Marion, Waupaca County, $3,000 RED-1 grant
The RED Program, administered by the Department of Commerce, helps small rural businesses start up and expand operations.
The Dairy 2020 Program, administered by the Department of Commerce, helps improve the dairy business climate through business, government, and education partnerships.
For further information on the Dairy 2020 program, contact your area development manager by visiting www.commerce.wi.gov/BD/MT-FAX-0901.html.