Confections For Any Occasion: Presents "Dairy Taste of Summer"
FREE Tasting of Wisconsin Dairy for the Family in Celebration of June Dairy Month in Downtown Theresa Saturday, June 9 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Event: Dairy Taste of Summer
Free Tasting of Wisconsin Dairy, Fare and Flavor for the Family in Celebration of June Dairy Month
Confections For Any Occasion, a specialty chocolate shop welcomes the entire family to celebrate all things Wisconsin sampling local, award-winning favorites made with Wisconsin dairy from gourmet chocolates to artisan cheeses and butters in celebration of our state’ $26.5 billion dairy industry during June Dairy Month.
What: Experience a Dairy Taste of Summer
The free tasting and sampling of Wisconsin dairy will feature more than 20 favorites, including:
* Collection of luscious chocolates made fresh from the kitchen of Confections for Any Occasion.
* Sample a few of the 600 varieties, types and styles of Wisconsin Cheeses, including Widmer’s Cheese
* Taste artisan flavored butters from Nordic Creamery — Cinnamon-Sugar, Maple Syrup and Garlic & Basil
* Enjoy Sassy Cow Creamery Premium Ice Cream — made fresh from high-quality milk by Baerwolf dairy herd
* Delectable Wisconsin Wines from Door County, Three Lakes Winery, Wollersheim Winery
* Craft beers from Sprecher Brewing and Capital Brewery
* Confections for Any Occasion Berry Bogs™ — unique blend of Wisconsin cherries, cranberries, almonds, and luscious caramel, covered in velvety chocolate.
* Cowhide salt water taffy to chew your cud on — Black and white, brown and white and black and brown taffy flavors of chocolate, black licorice and vanilla.
* Handmade milk soaps from The Naked Cow — One of the skin loving ingredients in this soap is milk!
Plus, enjoy for $1.00 an All-Wisconsin Old Fashion Root Beer Float made with Sprecher Root Beer and Cedar Crest Ice Cream.
The dairy tasting will be a fun day of food, learning and testing one’s knowledge of “America’s Dairyland” with trivia. In addition, all ages are welcome to participate in the milk drinking contest at Noon and 2 p.m. with winners taking home bragging rights.
Confections For Any Occasion by Joel, 101 North Milwaukee Street, Theresa, WI
A short drive from Milwaukee, Madison, Fond du Lac and Sheboygan in rural Dodge County.
When: Saturday, June 9 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For more information call 920.488.9269 or visit http://www.confectionsbyjoel.com/
Available for interviews:
Joel Bernhard ………………………………Owner and Candy Maker, Confections for Any Occasion
Confections For Any Occasion founded in 2000 by Joel Bernhard, a young blind entrepreneur, is a gourmet showcase of the finest chocolates, truffles and tasteful confections. Joel became interested in candy making in his advanced baking class where he learned to make chocolate truffles. Since Joel is blind candy making is something that he discovered he could excel in. Joel's interest in baking and candy making inspired him to become an entrepreneur in the confectionary industry.