Gov. Walker: Building Commission approves projects
May 16, 2012
For Immediate Release
Contact: Cullen Werwie, 608-267-7303
Madison—On May 16th, 2012, the State of Wisconsin Building Commission approved several key projects across the state including, but not limited to:
· Authority of the reconstruction of the Upper Saint Croix Lake Boat Launch in the Brule River State Forest.
· Approval of the Design Report for the Gates Hall Renovation project and Authority to construct the project.
The Boat Launch in Brule River State Forest will replace the existing launch and make miscellaneous site improvements for safety and Americans with Disability Act (ADA) compliance.
Gates Hall will be redesigned and renovated from a 42-bed Residential Care Apartment Complex (RCAC) into a 38-bed skilled nursing facility ensuring compliance with all applicable state and federal statutes and codes. The majority of the work in Gates Hall will be architectural and mechanical. In addition, a majority of the facility’s existing electrical wiring will need to be replaced in order to meet current code standards.
The Building Commission is chaired by Governor Walker and includes the following members:
· Vice Chair State Representative Dean Kaufert;
· State Senator Robert Cowles;
· State Senator Dale Schultz;
· State Senator Fred Risser;
· State Representative Joan Ballweg;
· State Representative Gordon Hintz; and · Citizen member Bob Brandherm;