Cows on the Concourse: Kick off June Dairy Month at Cows on the Concourse†
Contact: Brandon Maly, event chair
BMaly@vitaplus.com Phone: (608) 250-4205
Five fun activities to enjoy at Cows on the Concourse on June 2
Madison, Wis. – Kick off National June Dairy Month at Cows on the Concourse with some of your favorite dairy celebrities: cows! The event will take place on June 2 on the Capitol Square at Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and Main Street from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
“Cows on the Concourse is the only event that offers kids and adults the unique opportunity to get close to cows and baby calves. You’ll enjoy hot grilled cheese sandwiches, sip ice-cold milk and meet Wisconsin dairy farmers,” says Brandon Maly, Cows on the Concourse event chair. “We have lots of activities planned from educational zones to live music to celebrate the dairy industry, and we would love for everyone to join us.”
Cows on the Concourse is an annual, family-friendly event located in the heart of Madison that focuses on the important role the dairy industry has in maintaining healthy lifestyles, strong bones and the Wisconsin economy.
Here are five event favorites you will see at Cows on the Concourse:
- Cow Zone: The Cow Zone is the main attraction at Cows on the Concourse, where attendees can get up-close with a herd of cows and calves of several different breeds. Wisconsin dairy farmers and other “Moo Experts” will join the cows and calves and answer your questions.
- Get MOOving Fun and Fitness Zone: Dairy products play a vital role in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. In this zone, kids can participate in fun athletic activities while they learn how dairy can keep you healthy.
- Ed‟Moo”cation Zone: In this zone, kids can enjoy hands-on activities to learn more about Wisconsin’s dairy farms and the impact of the dairy industry on the state of Wisconsin.
- Big Cheese Zone: Join us for some tasty, melt-in-your mouth grilled cheese sandwiches. This year, we will offer two different flavors of grilled cheese and you can wash them down with ice cold milk also available in several assorted flavors.
- My Dairyland Scavenger Hunt: When kids visit each zone at Cows on the Concourse, they will receive a free souvenir t-shirt for recording their answers to some dairy fun facts.
Cows on the Concourse is presented by Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin (formerly Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board) and the Dane County Dairy Promotion Committee, area producers and industry members. Top-level sponsors are Blain’s Farm and Fleet, DeForest FFA Alumni, Compeer Financial, Culver’s, and the Wisconsin Soybean Marketing Board. Additional sponsors include Central Life Sciences, Milk Specialties Global, Arm & Hamer Animal Nutrition, Dane County Farm Bureau, Diamond V, Edge Dairy Farmer Cooperative, Filament, Lallemand Animal Nutrition, Milk Products LLC, Professional Dairy Producers of Wisconsin, Soy Best, Vita Plus, WFBF Ag in the Classroom, Zoetis, AgSource, Calf Star, East Central/Select Sires, Kenosha County Dairy Promotion Committee, Kwik Trip, Monona Bank, Rock River Laboratory, Walworth County Dairy Promotion Committee and We Energies. Crystal Farms, Dairy Farmers of America, Grassland Dairy Products, Landmark Services Cooperative, MSCR Fit2Go, Mid-State Equipment, Nasco, UW Biological Systems Engineering Department, UW Dairy Science Department and Weyauwega Cheese also contributed to the event.